Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bio-energy Education

I recently spent five weeks in Sweden studying sustainable eco-communities. Not only was I impressed with strategies they have already implemented, but their level of education is amazing as well. One green conference that is coming up in 2009 is worth mentioning, if you're going to be in western Sweden: The International Bioenergy Days, September 28-30.

This year the conference will cover three main topics in bio-energy:
-Biofuels for Vehicles
-Bioenergy for Heating and Cooling
-Politics and Society

If you would be interested in seeing these topics covered here in Minnesota, let me know by leaving a comment below; I'm currently planning some educational events around the state.

Stay tuned for a summary of things that I learned from Sweden, and how they could be implemented in communities right here in Minnesota.

No comments: